Pages

Sunday 23 May 2021

Year 8's camp experience

 



O le ala i le pule o le Tautua:

This means to serve. The path to leadership is to serve.

Year 8 Experience.

This is going to be one of my memories to cherish. This is going to be a long blog as I want to introduce and explain my features and my experience from year 8 camp.

I was really nervous when we arrived! I was so confused which one was my cabin although I knew who was in my cabin. I was in a cabin with 9 other people plus me which would equal 10. 


Our first sleep was really terrible! well for the boys at least. The girls had a good sleep but not the boys, let's say it was a really rough first sleep. I couldn't sleep from all the noises for the next 2 cabins, my whole cabin woke up from the noises and we were all frustrated. 


My first highlight has to defiantly be go-karts. My whole team Thames B went go-karts, we all had 2 turns. Our team was really encouraging and helpful, we cheered each other on, encouraged and screamed go! to the person that's going. We all had 2 turns even if we didn't want to have a go. Listen to Mr. Jacobson's words: Smooth and Calm.


My second highlight has to also be the meals or food we should say. I loved how the chefs used up all their time to cook for all the year 8's. The chefs really did get my attention. They cooked the meals perfectly, I really enjoyed eating food made by their hands. 


My third highlight is the gym. The first day of our camp our first activity was in the gym. All 4 teams had to make a chant for their group. The tutors explained the 3 or 4 activities that we did. The activities were called Cross-games. My favourite activity was when you drag the your lightest teammates on a mat and the 2 strongest have to drag you on the side around the 4 big tires. When the timer has run out all the team teachers have to tell the tutors how many times their group went around the tires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - Bradley would love you to leave him a comment on this post. If you know how to do this, go right ahead. If you would like some help, watch this video