Pages

Monday 10 May 2021

Islands of Rotuma: Rotuman Language Week

Ministry for Pacific Peoples — Rotuman Language Week 2021

If you want to learn more about Rotuma go to this link: How to say ___ in Rotuma

Noa'ia! That's Hello! In the Rotuma Language.My information report today will share with you some important facts and things I found about the islands of Rotuma.

Rotuma is located in the Southern Hemisphere. To the north of Rotuma is Tuvalu, to the east is Samoa, and to the south is Fiji. West of Rotuma is Vanuatu.

There are less than 3,000 people living on Rotuma. Many more of the population live on the Island Fiji.
There are only 3 languages that are spoken. Rotuman language and English and Fijian.

Fact:
It is 2,715 km from Auckland to Rotuma.

Learning about Rotuma made me think how my culture like how I am half-samoan. 
It has been really exciting that I got to learn new things about the Island of Rotuma. I learnt about the population, the islands near and the languages they speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - Bradley would love you to leave him a comment on this post. If you know how to do this, go right ahead. If you would like some help, watch this video