Pages

Thursday 23 August 2018

My Hauora

~ My Hauora ~
WALT use personal voice.
WALT use a range of vocabulary.
WALT use full stops and capital letters.  

MONDAY:
Step 1: Talk with your neighbour about what you remember hauora to be from our discussions last week.

Step 2: Have a class discussion about what our opening paragraph should look like.

Step 3: Listen to and type the dictation for the opening paragraph below.

MONDAY-WEDNESDAY:

Step 4: Write your 4 topic sentences. Each should introduce one of the four aspects of hauora.

Step 5: Have a friend read your 4 topic sentences. Then, write 3-4 sentences under each topic sentence that tells what you do in your life in that element of hauora.

Introduction

Click here to listen to the dictation and type what you hear below.

Hauora is a Maori word, that describes a person’s overall health and well being. The four dimensions of Hauora are often displayed is they four wells of a whare. Which provide stability and strength. The four dimension are: Taha tinana (Physical well-being or health), Taha Hinengaro (Mental & Emotional Well-being or self-confidence), Taha Whanau (social Well-being or personal beliefs).

Topic Sentence 1: The first dimension of Hauora is Taha Tinana which is physical well-being and health.

At lunchtime I always play basketball with my friends and I play touch and soccer on the field. My favourite fresh and healthy is eating vegetables and eating yumming fruits. To make me get hydrated is by drinking a lot of water every time a day.

Topic Sentence 2: The second dimension of Hauora is Taha Hinengaro which is Mental & Emotional well-being.

Sometimes to make me happy is by Playing with my friends and family and sometimes when i got negative emotional is when i’m grumpy and angry and mostly sad. What I want in my life is to have positive emotional because I wanna feel happy all the time.

Topic Sentence 3: Taha Whanau (social Well-being or personal beliefs).

My social well being is having fun with my family and playing with my family outside and going to the pools with them.

Topic Sentence 4: The last dimension of Hauora is Physical well being

My physical well being is playing with my friends and family and play sports at the rugby feild and eating so much fruits and food and lastly vegetables.

Conclusion:

My Hauora is by helping people around my school and around the world and by doing the 4 dimensions and by playing sensible games and by being positive at church.


















THURSDAY


Step 6: Have a friend read your writing or read your writing to your friend. Get them to give you feedback and make changes. Use the rubric on the site to help you





Step 7: Once you have finished, share your writing on your blog and record it on your blog log.








Checklist:


I have planned my writing.


I have used punctuation (full stops, capital letters, etc.).


I have used the rubric to have a friend give me feedback on my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - Bradley would love you to leave him a comment on this post. If you know how to do this, go right ahead. If you would like some help, watch this video